The training for EAWS-Practitioner may take the form of a public or in-house training or coaching on the job.
The training imparts knowledge and skills for the correct load assessment (load analysis) with EAWS of existing and future work systems.
- Planning, designing, and assessing work systems in terms of productivity, ergonomics, and efficiency
- Basics for the efficient and worker-oriented design of work systems
- EAWS structure, principles, assessment, and practical application
- Comparison of solution alternatives and identification of analyzing errors or deviations from (operational) reality, as well as, revealing improvement potentials
- Exercises for the comprehensive assessment of the physical loads on the whole body and the upper limbs, based on EAWS
- Implementation of a holistic work system design
- Implementation of ergonomic requirements on the design process by proactive ergonomics
- Selected case studies for the training in risk identification, risk assessment and risk prognosis
- Solving a complex problem in either individual or group work, including the creation of a cost and profitability comparison in an suitable form, presenting the results, and sitting the final exam Learning objectives
The participant knows
- the structure of the EAWS method,
- the areas of application and application prerequisites for EAWS,
- the importance of proactive ergonomics in product design and in process planning,
- the correlation between ergonomic assessment and process shaping with the help of a process language (preferably MTM), and
- the legal basis for ergonomic assessment.
The participant is able to
- create EAWS analyses independently and polish his skills in safely handling the EAWS rules,
- reliablys apply the EAWS method to assess ergonomic risks – especially during the operating, product development and process planning phases – and suggested technical and organizational approaches, and
- make use of a EAWS-specific MTM software to support the numerous arithmetic operations required for the analysis of practical examples.
- carries through at least a target-performance analysis, based on the EAWS method,
- trains the comprehensive assessment of the physical loads on the whole body and the upper limbs,
- recognizes assessment errors in or deviations from (operational) reality and presents suitable improvement potentials,
- develops, documents, and implements reasonable measures for work organization or work design for a specific practical problem, for example for the analyzed work system or product,
- creates a cost and profitability comparison appropriately and correctly, and
- documents and presents the achieved results in a suitable form.
To be admitted to the training for EAWS-Practitioner the applicant has to be in possession of the EAWS certificate; in addition, he has to have gained practical experience in the application of EAWS subsequent to his training in EAWS.
Such practical experience may be gained by applying EAWS in the company, by independently creating EAWS analyses for the description and assessment of real or planned work systems, by identifying assessment errors in operational reality, by revealing improvement potentials, or by creating mandatory analyses.
Duration of Training
The training for EAWS-Practitioner takes 40 hours.
Monday: 10 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.
Tuesday – Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Examination and Scoring
The training for EAWS-Practitioner (in all three variants) ends with the presentation of the project results and an examination. As an exception, the Examination Board may order an additional oral exam.
For the final presentation the project results are prepared and presented. In the case of in-house trainings and coaching on the job, the presentation with the project results is not transmitted to the German MTM Association.
Having passed the EAWS-Practitioner exam the candidate receives a certificate. Should the participant have failed the exam, he will be informed by separate mail. Instead of the certificate he will then receive a neutral confirmation of participation with no mention of mention the exam result.
All the working materials and the costs for taking the examination are all included in the fees.
Please note: Please bring a calculator and if possible a laptop with you to the course.